- Vascular Surgery
Richard is a Vascular Surgeon, specialising in arterial and vein conditions. He treats conditions such as aneurysms, arterial blockages and varicose veins. Richard is also a kidney transplant surgeon.
With over 20 years of surgical experience, he is in private practice, as well as being Vascular Clinical Leader at Capital Coast District Health Board, and an honorary Senior Lecturer at University of Otago Medical School.
Richard also has qualifications in vascular ultrasound scanning.
Special clinical interests:
- All aspects of arterial and venous surgery
- Varicose vein laser ablation; venaseal - adhesive sealing
- Renal transplant surgery
- Thoracic and abdominal aneurysm endovascular stenting
- Peripheral arterial angioplasty and stenting
- Spider vein and facial vein treatment cutaneous laser therapy
- Hyperhidrosis with Dysport (botulinum toxin) and sympathectomy
- Anterior spine access for intervertebral fusion
- Oncology port access
- MBCHB (OTAGO) , FRACS (GENERAL SURGERY) , FRACS (VASCULAR) , DDU (VASCULAR)