- Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
Dr Agneta (Annie) Fullarton is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon. In addition to general plastic and reconstructive surgery, she has a special interest in:
- Reconstructive breast surgery;
- Aesthetic (cosmetic) surgery of the breast and trunk;
- Hand surgery;
- Surgery for melanoma and skin cancers.
Annie graduated from the University of Edinburgh Medical School in 1997, where she also gained a PhD in the field of peripheral nerves. She subsequently trained in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Edinburgh, Cambridge (UK), Auckland and Wellington. She became a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in 2008.
She then spent a further two years training in New Zealand and the United Kingdom, where she completed fellowships in:
- Aesthetic surgery at the New Zealand Institute of Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Breast reconstruction and microsurgery surgery at the St Andrew's Centre for Plastic Surgery & Burns, Chelmsford, UK
- Hand surgery at the St Andrew's Centre for Plastic Surgery & Burns, Chelmsford, UK
Annie is a Fellow of The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS). She is a Member of the Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), an International member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MRCS)
As well as her private practice, Annie is a Consultant Plastic and Reconstuctive Surgeon at the Wellington Regional Plastic Surgery Unit at Hutt Hospital, where her main areas of interest are breast reconstruction, hand surgery and the treatment of skin cancers.
- BSC (HONS) , MBCHB , PHD , MRCS (ED) , FRACS (PLAST)