- Vascular Surgery
Dr Lupe Taumoepeau is a Vascular and Endovascular surgeon, and one of the new breed of surgeon who performs both open surgery and is dual trained in the newer endovascular techniques.
Dr Lupe studied medicine at Auckland’s medical school and is the only female Vascular and Endovascular surgeon in New Zealand. She is also the only Polynesian Vascular surgeon in the whole of Australasia. Dr Lupe was a house surgeon throughout hospitals in Auckland, followed by Vascular surgery training in both New Zealand and Australia.
Dr Lupe has interests in:
- open AAA, carotid, peripheral and venous surgery
- endovascular surgery in all of the above venous sub specialities
- special interest in endovenous radio frequency ablation
- AAA stent grafting
- peripheral angioplasty and stenting
- also trained in vascular ultrasound
- MBCHB (AUCKLAND) , FRACS (VASCULAR)