Magda works as a Specialist Gastroenterologist at Boulcott Hospital, treating all types of gastrointestinal diseases and performs Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy and Capsule Endoscopy. Magda trained in the UK where she is recognised as a specialist in endoscopy and gastroenterology. She worked as a Gastroenterology Consultant in UK for 12 years at Plymouth University Hospital and as Honorary Senior Lecturer she organised undergraduate and postgraduate training in Gastroenterology before moving with her family to NZ. Magdalena has full vocational registration with the MCNZ and is a member of the New Zealand Gastroenterology Society.
In addition to her core training Magdalena has achieved the following
- Fellowship in advanced Endoscopy at the National Cancer Centre in Tokyo, Japan.
- Local lead investigator for several international clinical trials assessing new treatments for inflammatory bowel disease and has been an invited speaker in Europe and Australia.
- Completed research in Viral Hepatitis and was awarded a higher degree from the University of Exeter as well as a Postgraduate Degree in Medical Education.
- Member of the British Society of Gastroenterology Committee Chairing the section for imaging in Gastroenterology
- Elected Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians 2016 for her contributions to medicine in the UK.
- Published scientific and clinical papers as well as co-authored recent British Society of Gastroenterology National Guideline on the Management of acute lower GI bleeding.
Magda will see patients for all types of gastrointestinal diseases these include;
- Crohn’s Disease / Ulcerative Colitis / Bowel Cancer / Constipation / diarrhoea/gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- FRCP , MRCPI , FRACP , MD , PCGMED