- Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
Post-Fellowship Training: Mount Vernon Hospital and Oxford Craniofacial Unit. Craniofacial Research Fellowship at Harvard Medical School and Boston’s Craniofacial Centre
Positions: Consultant Plastic & Craniomaxillofacial Surgeon Wellington Regional Plastic, Maxillofacial & Burns Unit; Executive Director, Gillies McIndoe Research Institute.
Research Interests: Wide clinical and basic science research interests including vascular birthmarks, and cancers. Over 150 books, book chapters and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Memberships: A member of 13 national and international professional and scientific societies.
Clinical Expertise & Subspecialty Interests:
- Reconstructive plastic surgery
- Vascular birthmarks
- Head & neck/skull base surgery
- Cranio-maxillofacial surgery
- Skin cancer surgery
- Prominent ear surgery
- ONZM , MB BS (MELBOURNE UNIVERSITY) , FRACS (PLASTIC SURGERY) , PHD (UNIVERSITY OF OTAGO)