- General Surgery
- Kapiti Consultations
John trained in general surgery in New Zealand. He then undertook post-fellowship training in Gastroenteroligical surgery for 5 years in the UK. The upper GI surgery was at hospitals in Bristol and Cambridge. The Colorectal surgery was at St Mark's Hospital, London.
John has developed minimally invasive gastrointestinal surgery over his 15 years in specialist practice, including extensive experience in laparoscopic hernia repair and laparoscopic bowel surgery. John is a consultant surgeon at Hutt Hospital.
- Abdominal pain and GI symptoms: Assessment
- Endoscopy: Colonoscopy; colon cancer screening
- Endoscopy: Gastroscopy
- Inguinal hernia repair: Laparoscopic
- Laparoscopic surgery for: Hernia; Gallstones; Hiatus hernia; Colon cancer; Diverticular disease; Crohn's disease
- Assessment of ano-rectal disorders including physiological studies: Stapled haemorrhoidectomy; Pilonidal sinus surgery
- BSC , MBCHB (OTAGO) , FRACS